Last week we ran a piece about 10 Bizarre Facts You Won’t Believe About Marvel Superheroes. The strangeness doesn’t stop there, however, as Marvel’s biggest competitor is not without its own character quirks. Here are 10 of the strangest qualities about superheroes from the DC Comics universe.
1. The Flash had a female counterpart called “The Lady Flash,” however her comic was banned for nudity despite its unparalleled success.
2. Supergirl is actually Superman’s cousin. Krypto the Superdog is Superman’s uncle.
3. The Martian Manhunter is a shape-shifter who could lose the weight anytime he wants to. He’s just doesn’t want to right now.
4. Zatanna dresses like a stripper dressed as a magician to trick her enemies. In reality, she is an actual magician.
5. Before women’s suffrage, Wonder Woman was the Justice League’s secretary.
6. In the comics, Aquaman is the King of Atlantis. He often teams up with The Human Claus, King of the North Pole.
7. Black Canary’s main power is a supersonic screech, so she’s useless in space.
8. Batman doesn’t actually have any superpowers. His alter ego, Bruce Wayne, is just a billionaire who uses gadgets to fight crime in his decrepit city.
9. Green Arrow doesn’t actually have any superpowers. His alter ego, Oliver Queen, is just a billionaire who uses gadgets to fight crime in his decrepit city.
10. Cyborg was born half human and half machine. His father was a prominent computer technician and software developer, and his mother was a ’92 IBM computer.
Circus Killer News: @circuskillernws
Circus Killer: @circuskillerprd | Ask.fm
By Jacob S. Wydra: @jswydra
DISCLAIMER: Circus Killer News is a faux news blog. None of the stories on this site should be taken seriously or literally.