HBO’s hit series “Game of Thrones” has returned for its seventh season to the delight of everyone around the world except for that one friend of yours who is always quick to tell people that he has no plans on ever watching it. But what is it like on the set of this fantasy masterpiece that has taken the internet by storm and inspired vapid world leaders to think walls do anything? We sent one of our reporters to find out. Check out these 14 facts about the show you didn’t know.
1. The actor who plays Samwell Tarly eats 30 hotdogs every morning just to stay out of shape.
2. As a show of devotion, Liam Cunningham cut off his fingers in the middle of his audition for the part of Ser Davos Seaworth.
3. One of the dragons on the show is transgender.
4. More people have died on set than characters have died on the show.
5. The actor who played Grand Maester Pycelle refused to wear anything beneath his robes.
6. The “Iron Throne” was constructed by melting down thousands of spatulas, not swords.
7. Every actor who has played “The Mountain” has had to eat the previous actor who played him.
8. Emilia Clarke was cast as Daenerys Targaryen because she has in fact given birth to lizards.
9. The Wall is not CG. It took three gaffers on the show four thousand years to construct it.
10. Michelle Fairley’s throat really was cut open during the “Red Wedding.” The producers didn’t tell her it was coming so that her reaction would be authentic.
11. Each of the seven kingdoms is filmed on a different continent. Everything east of the “Narrow Sea” was filmed on another planet.
12. The gilded prosthetic hand worn by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has a rich chocolaty center.
13. The actors who play the Wight Walkers are kept in a frozen meat locker when they’re not shooting.
14. The original opening credits theme song had lyrics that just described how amazing Peter Dinklage is.
DISCLAIMER: Circus Killer News is a faux news blog. None of the stories on this site should be taken seriously or literally.